This week we're having dessert first in #TakeoutTuesday with Salt Lake Foodie.
He stopped by Handel's Homemade Ice Cream. They have locations in Sandy and Ft. Union.
Here's his recommendations:
- White Christmas - peppermint, sugar cookies, and white chocolate
- Star, Stripes and Sprinkles - Vanilla with red white and blue Oreos and sprinkles.
- Monkey Business - real banana ice cream and brownies and Black Raspberry Chunk
After dessert, say hello to melt-off-the-bone Mexican-style rotisserie Chicken at the new Gallo Loco Express in West Valley City. Chase recommends ordering:
- 1/2 chicken combo with 2 sides (he loved the SWEET plantains and Mac & with a drizzle green sauce for just 10.50)
- CRAZY BOWL - You chose whatever you want in the bowl! Chase did the amazing chicken, BIRRIA, pickled veggies, cheese, tex pinto beans, and topped it with the house made mole! The only thing crazy about this bowl is the FLAVOR!!