More Americans are working from home than ever before due to COVID-19.
So, computer security is more important today than ever before.
Sarah Kimmel from Family Tech Zone joined us with five musts for computer security.
1. Set a Lockout Time and use a password or biometrics to login. Change the default passwords on any devices or accounts to something unique.
2. Use a VPN or your own mobile hotspot when on free public WIFI networks.
3. Install and keep updated an Antivirus program like ESET.
4. Get educated on various attack strategies like phishing.
5. Backup regularly. (Backups save time and data. While this doesn't seem entirely security related, if your computer is compromised, restoring from a good recent backup is the best way to get your data back quickly.)