Smith's Chef Jeff Jackson Recipe.
No-Churn Rocky Road Ice Cream
- 1/2 c. bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. milk
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 c. mini marshmallows
- 3/4 c. roasted, salted almonds
- 1 c. hot fudge sauce
- 2 c. heavy cream
1. Add the bitter and semi-sweet chips to a large mixing bowl. Set aside. Heat the milk in the microwave until near boiling and then pour it over the chocolate. Let it sit 5 minutes and then stir until smooth.
2. Add the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, cocoa powder, lemon juice, salt, marshmallows, and almonds. Stir to combine. In another bowl whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Fold this mixture into the chocolate mixture.
3. Pour 1/3 of the mixture into a 2 quart freezable container. Add ½ of the fudge sauce and evenly swirl it in. Add another 1/3 of the cream mixture and then swirl in the remaining fudge sauce. Top that with the remaining cream mixture.
4. Cover it with plastic wrap pressed down on the surface of the cream and then place it in the freezer at least 6 hours. Scoop and serve. Enjoy!
For more great recipes, please visit: smithsfoodanddrug.com.