It doesn't get much tastier than this -- tacos and spaghetti in one recipe.
Smith's Chef Jeff joined us from his kitchen with the recipe you can make for dinner tonight.
Creamy Taco Spaghetti
8 oz. dry spaghetti
1 tbsp. canola oil
1 small or ½ larger onion, diced
1 tbsp. garlic, minced
1 lb. ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
½ tsp. kosher salt
½ tsp. pepper
2/3 c. chicken broth
1 tbsp. tomato paste
10 oz. can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
10.75 oz. can cream of chicken soup
8 oz. Velveeta cheese, cubed
1 ½ c. shredded Mexican blend cheese
15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
Grated Cotija cheese, chopped cilantro, and lime wedges for serving
1. Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and set aside, tossed with a little oil to prevent sticking.
2. In a large skillet over med-high heat, add a little canola oil and add the onion. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until the onion is translucent. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute. Add the ground beef and brown, crumbling as it cooks. Drain the excess fat.
3. Sprinkle the taco seasoning, salt and pepper over the beef. Add the chicken broth, tomato paste, and Rotel tomatoes, and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes or so. Add the cream of chicken soup, Velveeta, and shredded cheese. Cook, stirring frequently until the cheeses have melted and the mixture is creamy.
4. Add in the black beans and cooked pasta and stir to combine.
5. Serve sprinkled with some grated cotija cheese, chopped cilantro and a lime wedge. Enjoy!
For more recipes from Chef Jeff, visit smithsfoodanddrug.com.