Here's a yummy recipe from Smith's Chef Jeff Jackson.
Sheet Pan Sesame Chicken with Crispy Brussels Sprouts
2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 egg, beaten
1/3 c. all-purpose flour
Kosher salt and black pepper
1 lb. brussels sprouts, halved
4 tbsp. sesame oil, divided
1 tbsp. garlic, minced
1 tbsp. ginger, minced
¾ c. soy sauce
½ c. pomegranate juice (orange juice can substitute)
1/3 c. honey
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp. molasses
1 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
Cooked rice, sesame seeds, and chopped green onion for serving
1. Preheat your oven to 475. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with some non-stick spray. Add the chicken, egg, and a little salt and pepper to a mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
2. Add the flour, a little more salt and pepper to another bowl. Mix to combine. Dredge the chicken in the flour, shake off the excess and place all of the coated chicken on 1 half of the prepared baking sheet.
3. In another mixing bowl, combine the brussels sprouts with 2 tbsp. of the sesame oil and some salt and pepper. Toss to combine and place the brussels sprouts cut side down on the other half of the sheet pan. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn the chicken over and toss around the brussels sprouts. Return the pan to the oven and cook and additional 5 minutes.
4. As the chicken cooks. Make the sauce by heating a saucepan over med-high heat. Add the other 2 tbsp. of the sesame oil and add the garlic and ginger. Cook for 1 minute stirring often. Add the soy sauce, pomegranate juice, honey, balsamic vinegar, cider vinegar, molasses, and peanut butter. Bring to a boil and cook for 7-8 minutes or until it reduces and starts to thicken.
5. Remove the pan from the oven and toss the chicken with ½ of the sauce. Return the pan to the oven and cook 3 more minutes.
6. Serve the dish in a bowl of cooked rice topped with some of the chicken and brussels sprouts. Garnish with a little more of the leftover sauce sprinkled with some sesame seeds and chopped green onion. Enjoy!
For more great recipes visit smithsfoodanddrug.com