by Jennifer Burns, Gossner Foods
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups Gossner Milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons Gossner Sweet Cream Butter, melted
In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
Apple Cinnamon Syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Gossner Sweet Cream Butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 medium apples, peeled, thinly sliced
In a saucepan over medium heat, bring brown sugar, water, butter and cornstarch and cinnamon to a boil; boil for 2 minutes until thick. Reduce heat to medium. Add apples; cook for 10-12 minutes or until apples are tender.