by Jennifer Burns, Gossner Foods
- 2 tablespoons Gossner Sweet Cream Butter
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 onion
- 2 zucchinis, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 3/4 cup fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 4 large tomatoes, cored and middle removed
- 3/4 cup Gossner Provolone Cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped (optional)
- Pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- Pinch hot sauce (optional)
- Dollop sour cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In skillet, melt butter over high heat, and sauté turkey, onion, zucchini, garlic, salt and pepper for 2 minutes. Add spinach, stir well and cook 1 more minute. Add the breadcrumbs; stir through.
Arrange tomatoes on an ovenproof baking dish. Distribute turkey mixture evenly inside tomatoes.
Sprinkle with provolone and bake 20 minutes. Serve immediately with green onions, red pepper flakes, hot sauce and sour cream, if using.