by Charity Lighten, Thanksgiving Point Emporium chef instructor
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 chopped cucumber (peeled if needed)
- 1 chopped avocado
- 1/2 chopped red onion
- 1 chopped pepper (any color)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 cups chopped mixed salad greens
- 4 cups cooked and cooled quinoa
- 1 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 mango chopped
- 1 cup chopped jicama
Mix tomato, cucumber, red onion, avocado, pepper with lemon juice and sprinkle with sea salt.
Divide onto four plates and top each with one cup quinoa. Then add cilantro, mango, and jicama.
Enjoy with your choice of dressing, mango lime or creamy tomatillo dressing.
Mango Lime Dressing:
- 1 cup fresh mango
- 1/2 cup safflower oil
- 1/4 cup agave nectar ( or maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar (or balsamic)
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 clove of garlic
Place all ingredients in a blender and puree.