The Utah Transit Authority released the following information on mass transit service for New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day:
Monday, Dec. 31, 2012 (New Year’s Eve)
Regular weekday service on buses, TRAX, and FrontRunner with expanded evening and nighttime service on rail:
- Last Blue Line train southbound from Gallivan station to Sandy departs at 1:13 a.m.
- Last Green Line train westbound from Gallivan station to West Valley departs at 1:08 a.m.
- Last Red Line train southbound from Courthouse station to Daybreak departs at 1:05 a.m.
- Last Red Line train northbound from Courthouse station to the University of Utah departs at 1:20 a.m.
- Last Blue Line-FrontRunner connection from Gallivan station to Salt Lake Central station departs at 1:00 a.m.
- Last FrontRunner trains northbound to Ogden depart Salt Lake Central Station at 12:20 a.m. and 1:20 a.m.
- Last FrontRunner trains southbound to Provo depart Salt Lake Central Station at 12:12 a.m. and 1:21 a.m.
Eve Celebration participants must purchase transit fare this year. Group Passes are available for just $14 (valid for up to four people, round-trip on TRAX, bus and FrontRunner any time after 10 a.m.)
Ski buses will run regular weekday service on New Year’s Eve.
Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2013 (New Year’s Day)
No FrontRunner, TRAX, or bus service, except for ski service. Ski bus service will run to resorts in Big and Little Cottonwood canyons, Weber County and Park City. No Sundance ski service.
Regular service will resume on Wednesday, Jan. 2.
For more information, visit www.rideuta.com or contact UTA customer service at 801-RIDE-UTA (743-3882).