by Jennifer Burns, Dan’s Market
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 4 ounces Feta or blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 cups arugula or romaine lettuce
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
In a small bowl, combine 4 tablespoons of the oil, the lemon juice, capers, and parsley. Set aside.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until just tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain and run under cold water.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Season the tomato slices with thyme, salt and pepper. Cook until lightly browned, about 1 minute per side.
Arrange the arugula or romaine, tomatoes, green and white beans and Feta or blue cheese on plates and drizzle with the vinaigrette.