by Jennifer Burns, Dan’s Market
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 2- to 2 1/2-pound rotisserie chicken, meat shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup crispy Chinese noodles or crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
In a large serving bowl, add the lettuce, carrots, pepper and chicken and toss to combine.
In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice, sugar, sesame oil, salt and pepper. Serve the salad sprinkled with the sesame seeds, noodles or chips and cilantro.