by Jennifer Burns, Intermountain Medical Center Heart Insitute
- 1 pound any whitefish (i.e. cod, halibut or tilapia)
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped cured olives
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt Substitute and Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Rub cod with 2 teaspoons oil. Sprinkle garlic and onion powder, paprika, basil, salt substitute and pepper. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Transfer to the oven and roast until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillet.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until beginning to soften, about 20 seconds. Add tomatoes, olives and capers; stir for about 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in oregano, vinegar, salt substitute and pepper; remove from heat. Spoon the tapenade over the fish to serve.