by Jennifer Burns, Dan’s Market
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli corned beef
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grain mustard
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 cups finely grated cabbage (about 1/4 head) finely shredded
- 12 small rolls, split
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
In a frying pan, bring the oil up to medium heat. Add the corned beef. Sauté for 4-5 minutes until heated through.
Mix ¼ cup of the mayonnaise, mustard, and red onion in a small bowl. Add the vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well with the cabbage in a medium bowl; set aside.
Place the rolls on a baking sheet. Bake for 3-5 minutes until heated through. Spread split rolls with remaining mayonnaise mixture. Place a portion of corned beef on each roll bottom, top with slaw, and cap with roll top.