by Jennifer Burns. Dan’s Market
- 1 pound chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 jalapeno, diced, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 limes, divided
- 1 large jicama, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cooking spray
- 12 flour tortillas
- 2 cups Colby jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
Place the first 7 ingredients in a sealable plastic bag with salt and pepper and the juice of 1 lime. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours. In a large frying pan un to medium to high heat, cook the chicken mixture for 7-8 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through.
In a medium bowl, combine the jicama, onion, tomatoes, cilantro, juice of remaining lime, salt and pepper. Mix well.
Spray cooking spray on the bottom of a large frying pan. Place one of the tortillas in the pan with some of the cheese, chicken mixture and the salsa. Place another tortilla on top. Cover and cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese has melted. Cut into quarters. Serve with additional salsa and sour cream or yogurt.