by Jennifer Burns, Dan’s Market
- 6 flatbread pitas or Naan bread
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons flaxseed
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 zucchinis, diced
- 1/2 white or yellow onion, diced
- 10-12 large white mushrooms, diced
- 10 ounces Colby Jack, shredded or feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Lay flatbread pitas or Naan bread pieces on a baking dish. Brush each 2 tablespoons of the oil. Sprinkle flaxseed, salt and pepper on each.
In a large frying pan brought up to medium-high heat, add the remaining oil. Add the peppers, zucchini, onion, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Sauté for 3- minutes until slightly soft.
Divide the cheese amongst each bread piece. Top with some of the vegetable mixture. Bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the flatbread is golden brown. Garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.