by Jennifer Burns, Dan’s Market
- 2 cans chunk light tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise, divided
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers, chopped, divided
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns or English muffins, toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
Combine tuna, breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, half the roasted red peppers, celery, onion and 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning in a medium bowl. Break up any larger pieces of tuna until the mixture is uniform and holds together. Combine the remaining 1/4 cup mayonnaise, the remaining peppers and 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning in a bowl.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Form the tuna mixture into four burgers. Cook until heated through and golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
Spread the top half of each bun (or English muffin) with red pepper mayonnaise and place a burger, lettuce and tomato on the bottom half. Serve immediately.