CLEARFIELD — A man faces several charges after he allegedly led police on a high-speed chase through Davis and Morgan Counties on Tuesday.
The chase began shortly before 2 a.m. as police were investigating a report of a vehicle stolen from Rifle, Colorado. Police located the vehicle, a 1996 GMC Sonoma, at Pinnacle Apartments, 1100 S 200 E, in Clearfield.
Police had been warned that the suspect, 48-year-old Jeffery Doran Hill, might be armed and willing to commit suicide by cop.
Officers said they found Hill inside the Sonoma and he fled the scene when they attempted to contact him.
Police said Hill stopped the vehicle and surrendered after leading them on a chase through Clearfield, Layton and into Morgan County.
Hill was booked into the Davis County Jail and faces the following charges:
- evading, third-degree felony
- possession of a dangerous weapon by a restricted person, class A misdemeanor
- possession of stolen property, third-degree felony
- possession of a stolen vehicle, second-degree felony
- possession of ammunition by a restricted person, third-degree felony