OGDEN -- Kenneth Prince made his first appearance before a judge, hours after Weber County prosecutors filed more charges against him.
Prince, 61, was charged in Ogden's 2nd District Court Wednesday with two counts of aggravated child sex abuse.
A probable cause statement obtained by FOX 13 News said Prince was accused of sexually abusing a man when he was between 12 and 17 years old. Under questioning, the court document states, Prince "admitted to sexually abusing the child." The alleged abuse, police wrote, was "during the time frame Kenneth was in a position of trust with the child."
The child sex abuse charges are in addition to sexual exploitation of a minor charges leveled by Weber County prosecutors against Prince last month. In that instance, South Ogden police claim the former junior high science teacher and scout leader was accused of abuse back in the 1980s by a man who recently came forward. While investigating it, police searched Prince's Uinta home and claim to have found explicit images on a computer.
Outside of court, Prince refused to talk to FOX 13 News. His attorney denied the allegations.
"Most of these offenses, if they occurred at all, happened 25-30 years ago," said Prince's defense attorney, Stephen Farr. "This is not recent news. This is something that allegedly occurred, if it occurred at all, a long time ago."
Prince is out on bail after his arrests. He is due in court on Nov. 27.
Since the news broke about Prince's arrest, South Ogden police have said more people have come forward to make allegations against him. Weber County prosecutors have not ruled out more charges if police substantiate the claims.
"I don't know whether or not there's anybody else out there," Farr said. "We'll see."