- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Brown ground beef. Add onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until soft (10-15 min).
Add tomatoes, tomato paste, beef broth and Worcestershire sauce to the beef mixture. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
While the beef mixture cooks, boil the macaroni al dente, drain. Add the macaroni to the beef mixture, stir well, and simmer another 20 minutes, covered. Serve with parmesan cheese.
Sponsor: UT Beef Council