- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 lb. boneless steak, any cut
- 1/2 head lettuce, any kind
- 1/2 lb. green beans, trimmed, cooked, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 red potatoes, cooked, diced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts or almonds, chopped, toasted
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate vinegar
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Heat oil in a frying pan on high heat. Pat the steaks dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sear the steaks in the pan on both sides until nicely browned. Remove from pan to a cutting board. Let rest for a few minutes before cutting into thin slices.
Toss together the lettuce, green beans, bell pepper, potatoes and scallions. Arrange on individual plates. Sprinkle on chopped walnuts or almonds. Sprinkle with goat cheese. Lay several slices of sliced steak on top of each serving.
Mix together the vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper. Drizzle on salad. Serve immediately.
Sponsor: UT Beef Council