- 6 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, chopped or torn
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Cook pasta according to package direction. Drain. Combine cooked pasta, tomatoes, onions and basil in a large bowl.
While pasta cooks, combine vinegar and next 5 ingredients (through olive oil) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Drizzle vinaigrette over pasta mixture; toss well to coat. Add cheese; toss to combine.
Note: Substitute goat cheese for the feta cheese.
Sponsor: Dan’s market