9 Grain Pancakes with Pear and Raisin Compote
- 1 cup 9 Grain Tree Street Grains Pancake Mix
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 milk of your choice
- 2 ripe but firm pears, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup seedless raisins
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the pancakes, mix the first 4 ingredients together. On a preheated griddle, cook pancakes on each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
For the compote, put the pears, raisins, juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, butter and salt into a small pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until pears have softened. Serve over pancakes.
Note: Add chopped nuts for more richness.