News

Actions

Electrical issue likely to blame for SLC house fire; killed iguana, caused $25K in damage

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 11:48 AM, Sep 26, 2014
and last updated 2014-09-26 17:17:20-04

SALT LAKE CITY – Officials said an electrical issue is likely to blame for a house/garage fire that killed a pet iguana and caused about $25,000 in damage.

According to the Salt Lake City Fire Department, an overhead light likely sparked the fire in a detached garage and spread to a nearby home and garage.

Fire crews were called to 455 E. Downington Ave. near 1800 S. just before noon Friday where they found flames and heavy smoke.

No one was injured but the fire did claim the life of a pet iguana in a cage in one of the sheds.