- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree or 2 cups fresh pumpkin
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 green onion top, chopped
- Toasted pumpkin seeds, for garnish
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper
In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, celery, garlic, no salt seasoning and pepper. Cook until tender, about 4-5 minutes.
Add pumpkin, broth, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the milk and simmer another 15 minutes.
Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with green onions and toasted pumpkin seeds. Serve immediately.
Sponsor: Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute