- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 2 (14-ounce) cans fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup Greek plain yogurt
- 4 lime wedges
- Pepper, to taste
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and jalapeño; sauté 1 minute. Add chicken, black pepper, and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in hominy; bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes.
Ladle about 1 1/2 cups soup into each of 4 bowls; top each serving with 2 tablespoons radishes and 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro. Serve with Greek yogurt and lime wedges.
Sponsor: Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute