A fast food restaurant is recalling a kid’s meal toy it has been giving out over the last month.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission said the “Hello Kitty” themed whistles are being recalled because they could become a choking hazard.
Officials said more than 2 million were distributed in the United States from Oct. 2014 through Nov. 2014.
Authorities said McDonald’s is aware of two incidents where children coughed out pieces of the whistle they had sucked in; one of those children needed medical attention.
McDonald’s said parents should immediately take the whistle from their children.
It can be returned to McDonald’s for a free replacement toy and either a yogurt or bag of apple slices.
More information is available from McDoland’s at (800) 244-6227 or online here.