News

Actions

Fire claims Magna home; residents safe, pets unknown

Posted at 7:16 AM, Nov 21, 2014
and last updated 2014-11-21 13:44:37-05

MAGNA, Utah - Crews are investigating what sparked a large house fire in Magna Friday morning.

Residents got out but their pets are unaccounted for at this time.

Officials said the home appears to be a total loss.

Unified Fire evacuated homes near 3000 S. and 9050 W. as a precaution at about 7 a.m.

Authorities have not confirmed what sparked the fire but said they believe it started in the kitchen.

Check back with Fox 13 for the latest updates.