SANDY, Utah – A family escaped and two dogs were rescued from a fire at a Sandy home early Thursday morning.
Fire crews were called to the blaze at about 3:30 a.m. near 9200 S. and 2500 E.
Firefighters said they could see flames from the second floor when they arrived.
Officials said the fire was contained to one bedroom on the second floor.
Authorities said the man tried to find his dogs but was forced to leave the house before getting them out.
Shortly after, fire crews found the pups and were able to get them to safety.
Investigators are working to find what sparked the fire.
Crews said the flames caused about $25,000 in damage.