DRAPER, Utah -- The Utah Department of Transportation demolished a bridge at 14600 South in Draper this weekend.
In this story
The first video shows the work unfolding from below the level of the bridge and the second video shows the process from higher ground and from another angle.
The demolition began Saturday evening and continued through Sunday and, according to UDOT's website, 14600 South will be closed under I-15 Sunday from 2 p.m. until 5:30 a.m., though the on and off ramps will remain open.
UDOT provided this information regarding alternate routes and the schedule for the project:
- Use extra caution and watch for several lanes shifts on I-15 from Bangerter Highway to 14600 South starting, Saturday, March 14.
- Nightly single and double lane closures will continue through March. Crews will place barrier and restripe I-15 between Bangerter Highway and S.R. 92. Crews are working on the East Jordan Canal, which crosses under I-15 between Bangerter Highway and the 14600 South interchange.
- General work hours are from 10 p.m. - 5:30 a.m. I-15 will regularly be restricted to two lanes beginning at 10 p.m. and to one lane at midnight.
- During daytime hours, four travel lanes will be maintained in each direction throughout most of the project, but climbing lanes and designated exit lanes will be closed during construction.
- The Express Lanes are now open to all motorists until freeway construction is complete (details below).
Bangerter On Ramps
- Nightly lane and shoulder closers on Bangerter on and off ramps March 15-22 to improve ramp function during construction.
Pony Express Road & Minuteman Drive from Bangerter Highway to S.R. 92
- Nightly single lane closures with one-way flagging operations are ongoing on both the east and west Frontage Roads while crews build retaining walls and relocate utilities.
- Expect short-term delays and an increase in nighttime noise and construction activity through spring 2015.
To better accommodate traffic in the construction zone, the Express Lanes from S.R. 92 to 12300 South are now general purpose lanes for the duration of the project. Outside of the project limits, Express Lanes will function as normal.
Please be aware that the speed limit in the construction zone is 55 mph. For the duration of the project, UHP will be monitoring the construction zone and enforcing the speed limit. Use caution in the corridor, as the shoulders are narrow. Safety pullouts are available every half-mile in the project corridor.
Work activities and schedules are subject to change.