- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup green or red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (or more to taste)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1½ cups whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup homemade salsa
- 6 flour tortillas (8-inch), warmed
- 6 ounces (about 1½ cups) shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped or torn
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
In a frying pan, bring the oil up to medium-high heat. Saute the onions and bell peppers with the chili powder, salt and pepper for 4-5 minutes. Add the beans, corn and salsa. Cook for another 2-3 minutes stirring regularly.
Divide the cheese on the bottom of each warm tortilla. Top with warmed bean, pepper and corn mixture. Garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve immediately.
Sponsor: Dan’s Market