News

Actions

Family escapes South Jordan house fire that sparked in garage

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 7:26 AM, Jun 04, 2015
and last updated 2015-06-04 09:46:43-04

SOUTH JORDAN, Utah - A family of four is out of a home after a fire overnight.

Fire crews were called to the home near 4300 W. and 11700 S. at about 1:30 a.m. and found smoke and flames coming from the garage.

Officials said the fire spread to the kitchen before crews got it under control.

According to officials, the fire alarms alerted the family to the fire and they were able to safely get out of the house.

Firefighters said an 18-year-old woman suffered minor smoke inhalation and was treated at the scene.

Crews said they estimate about $150,000 in damages so far.

Check back with Fox 13 for the latest updates.