News

Actions

Spontaneous combustion may be to blame for $2 million Draper house fire

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 9:38 AM, Jun 04, 2015
and last updated 2015-06-04 13:43:10-04

flame-in-draperDRAPER, Utah – Fire officials said they believe spontaneous combustion is to blame for a fire that claimed a $2 million home in Draper this week.

Authorities said oily rags in the utility room of the 6,000-square-foot home near 2100 E. Pioneer Rd. likely sparked the blaze Monday.

Officials said the family was using the rags for home improvement over the weekend.

Fire crews said the home is a total loss.

No one was injured.