News

Actions

Family thanks neighbors for saving them from burning Sandy home

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 12:50 PM, Jul 13, 2015
and last updated 2015-07-13 14:59:59-04

SANDY, Utah - A Sandy family is thanking some brave neighbors who rescued them from their burning home Monday.

Firefighters said an electrical issue is to blame for a blaze that claimed the kitchen and attic of the home just after midnight.

Officials said the family across the street saw the flames and ran over to help the mother and her two children, an 8-year-old girl and a 12-year-old girl.

Fire crews said the family did not have working smoke alarms in the house.

Authorities said they estimate about $35,000 in damages.