CLEARFIELD, Utah — One person is dead after a three-vehicle accident in Clearfield Tuesday afternoon.
The accident occurred at about 4:30 p.m. on State Route 193 at the Center Street intersection.
According to Clearfield police, an 18-year-old man driving a 2000 Ford F-250 attempted to turn left onto SR-193 and struck the rear end of a 2002 Dodge Dakota traveling west on SR-193.
Police say the Dodge Dakota spun out of control and struck a 2013 Nissan Sentra traveling east on SR-193.
The three occupants of the Nissan Sentra were taken to Davis Hospital & Medical Center by ground ambulance.
The vehicle’s driver, a 37-year-old man, died from the injuries sustained in the collision.
The other two occupants of the Nissan Sentra, a 34-year-old woman and 13-year-old girl, were treated for less serious injuries.
The 26-year-old man driving the Dodge Dakota was taken to an Ogden area hospital.
- Casey David Archuleta, 37, West Point, UT – transported from the scene and pronounced deceased at the hospital.
- Melissa Archuleta, 34, West Point, UT – transported from the scene with injuries which were not life-threatening.
- Melissa’s 13 year old daughter, West Point, UT – transported from the scene with injuries which were not life-threatening.
- Christian Ferrin, 18, Layton, UT – not transported by ambulance from the scene.
- Johnny Conover, 26, Sunset, UT – transported from the scene with injuries which were not life-threatening.
The three victims with injuries which were not life-threatening have been released from the hospital.
The accident is actively being investigated and at the conclusion of the investigation charges may be considered.