Men who fled from police in Magna had been sought for questioning in homicide

Posted at 1:56 PM, Aug 21, 2015
and last updated 2015-08-22 00:07:16-04

MAGNA, Utah -- Unified Police took three people into custody after a foot chase in Magna Friday, and authorities said they have been looking for the individuals for the last few days to ask them questions relating to a pair of homicide investigations, but the men had been avoiding police.

According to UPD, the three people in custody after the foot chase had been sought by police for several days for questioning, and two of three had outstanding felony warrants.

The two men with warrants are 25-year-old Daniel Ryan Pruden-Hayes and 39-year-old Lewis Richard Andreason, aka "Pee Wee."

Authorities said they had questions to ask the men in connection with the murders of Stevan Ryan Chambers, 26, who was found dead in a Magna street on August 17 and Shelli Marie Brown, 26, who was found dead in a city park on August 19.

Two of the the three men taken into custody were booked into jail for prior charges, and police stated "neither person is considered a suspect or person of interest in the death of Stevan Chambers or Shelli Brown, they were both simply known to be part of the same social circle."

Pruden-Hayes and Andreason were booked for, "several felony and misdemeanor drug, fleeing and theft related warrants."

It was not clear if the third individual had been released or remained in custody Friday night.

Officers did say the men knew police wanted to speak with them about the homicides but purposefully hid from police during the last few days, though they stated the two men with prior warrants had been hiding from police for some time prior to Chambers' death.

The news of police activity brought hope to victim's families, as they've waited for days to hear police have made an arrest. However, that hope quickly faded with the revelation from police that the men were not connected to either homicide.

The families of Stevan Chambers and Shelli Brown came together Friday night in Magna at the location where Chambers' body was discovered Monday morning. Their hope was to keep the victims' names in news, and to keep residents on alert to look for suspects.

"Someone knows something," Tiffany Chambers, sister of Stevan Chambers said. "Somebody knows what happened and they need to come forward."

The victim's friends and families walked together from the location where Chambers was found Monday to where Brown was found Wednesday morning.