Christina Lakey and Tammy Blakenship from Food Apparel shows us how to make apple cinnamon bread. For more information, go here.
Apple Cinnamon Quick Bread
• ⅓ cup brown sugar
• 1 medium apple, peeled and diced into ½ inch cubes
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
• ⅔ cup white sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1½ cups all purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• pinch of salt
• ½ cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Mix brown sugar, diced apple, and cinnamon, and set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
4. Add eggs one at a time, mixing until blended.
5. Mix in vanilla.
6. Pour flour, baking powder, and salt into butter mixture. Mix until combined.
7. Stir in milk.
8. Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
9. Layer half of batter into bottom of pan.
10. Spread half of the apple mixture onto batter.
11. Spread remaining mixture on top of apples.
12. Top with remaining apples.
13. Swirl apples and cinnamon into batter.
14. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick entered into the center comes out clean.
15. Let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
16. Remove from pan and place on cooling rack.
17. Top with caramel sauce (optional).