- 1 lb. whole grain spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 yellow summer squash, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper, to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions.
In a Dutch oven up to medium high heat, add one tablespoon olive oil. Saute bell peppers, onions, squash, no salt seasoning and pepper, to taste, for 5-7 minutes until slightly softened. Add garlic, sauté an additional 1-2 minutes. Add tomatoes, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes and cooked pasta. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Drizzle remaining two tablespoons of olive oil before serving.
Garnish each serving with parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.