- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb. beef smoked sausage, cooked, cut into 1/4’ slices
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 2 cups broccoli, blanched
- 2 cups spinach, loosely packed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cups rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add sausage and onion; cook stirring frequently until sausage is lightly browned, about 2-3 minutes. Add garlic, sauté another minute over medium heat.
Add remaining ingredients through Italian seasoning with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 10-12 minutes. Remove bay leaves and serve over warm, cooked rice. Top with parsley.