News

Actions

Chicken coop heat lamp sparks fire at Pleasant Grove home

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 9:46 AM, Feb 09, 2016
and last updated 2016-02-09 12:07:18-05

PLEASANT GROVE, Utah - Fire officials said a heat lamp in a chicken coop is to blame for a house fire in Pleasant Grove.

Fire crews were called to the home just after midnight where they found the fire went up the eaves to the attic and front bedroom.

Officials said a family of three, a dog and four chicken got out unharmed.

It took firefighters about 30 minutes to put out the blaze.

Authorities estimate the fire caused $80,000 to $100,000.