SANDY, Utah — The South Towne Center has been renamed as part of multi-million dollar renovation project to “The Shops at South Town,” officials announced Monday night.
The name change is one of many changes taking place in the 1.3 million-square-foot shopping center, 10450 S. State Street in Sandy, which began improvements last August.
“The vision for The Shops at South Town is an outdoor-oriented lifestyle center concept,” said Annmarie Brintnall, Retail Centers Practice Area Leader, Gensler. “We are turning the traditional model of a mall—an enclosed collection of stores—on its head and repositioning the shopping center as a fully activated lifestyle center. The Shops at South Town will become a gathering space, a ‘base camp’ that melds the outdoor feel of our adjacent mountains and the nexus of our tech-forward, environmental lifestyles inviting people to connect, eat, shop and play.”
The renovation is taking place in stages and the shopping center will remain open to serve customers throughout the process. The renovation is scheduled for completion in November.
“The renovation process is moving ahead full speed,“ said Gary Karl, chief operating officer, Pacific Retail Capital Partners. “In the coming months customers will begin to experience remarkable improvements in the shopping center as we create a vibrant, contemporary, outdoor inspired shopping experience with more retailers, entertainment and dining options to serve customers of all ages.”
- Enhancements planned for the renovation include:
- Exterior modernization with larger windows, wood and stone facade
- Expanded outdoor terrace with cozy, comfortable seating areas
- Larger dining terrace with vast variety of new offerings to please every palate
- Fountain remodel to enhance the newly designed interior
- New modern flooring, with rich beautiful texture
- Brighter interior paint and wood accents throughout the center
- Larger and more interactive children’s play area