- 1 lb. penne pasta
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. white button mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 lb. baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 cup half and half or heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Cook the pasta according to the package directions. In a Dutch over or soup pot, bring the oil up to medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes.
Add the onion, garlic, beef, salt, and pepper. Cook on medium high until meat is browned, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and their juices and the half and half or cream. Reduce heat to medium. Add half (1/2 cup) of the Parmesan. Add the pasta; cook for 4-5 minutes until heated through. Stir in parsley and red pepper flakes. Garnish each serving with remaining Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.