- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound boneless sirloin steak, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups kernel corn
- 3 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Bring a skillet up to medium-high heat. Combine first 5 ingredients with salt and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle over each side of the steaks. Add oil to pan. Cook steaks for 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Cut into thin slices.
In a large bowl, mix together beans, corn, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours for best flavor.
Serve steak slices with black bean salsa.