One of two suspects in attempted murder in Taylorsville in custody

Posted at 8:17 PM, Mar 05, 2016
and last updated 2016-03-05 22:17:59-05

TAYLORSVILLE, Utah -- Unified Police Department announced Saturday that a suspect in a stabbing that left a 19-year-old woman in critical condition Monday afternoon has been arrested, but a second suspect remains on the loose.

Unified Police sated just before 8 p.m. that Jeffrey Hanson was captured by police after someone driving near 3300 South 110 East saw the man and called police.

"Our officers happened to be right up close to the area, they were able to actually just safely take him into custody ," Lt. Chuck Malm said. "He didn't resist, he kind of knew the gig was up."

Hanson, 34, along with 32-year-old Eliesa Tupo Olive were wanted for allegedly holding the 19-year-old woman against her will and stabbing her several times. Saturday, police described the incident as an attempted murder.

Police were called after the woman fled to a nearby home for help Monday. The incident occurred in the area of 4300 South and 1200 West. The incident prompted a SWAT response at the home that lasted for several hours.

Salt Lake County Sheriff Jim Winder said earlier in the week there was evidence the woman had been bound. She was taken to a hospital in critical condition but was later upgraded to serious condition.

"We're happy to announce that her condition is improving..." Winder said Tuesday.

While police initially stated they believed the victim might have been romantically involved with Hanson and living at the home where she was stabbed, police stated Thursday they later learned the woman did not live at that home and was only acquainted with the man.

Eliesa Tupo Olive mugshotOlive is still outstanding. He is described as being a Polynesian male who stands 5-feet 9-inches tall and weights 145 pounds. He has brown eyes and black hair.

He may be driving a black Dodge Durango with Utah license plate E787U. The vehicle is described as being primer black in color.

Police stated Thursday both men were considered armed and dangerous. Anyone who sees Olive should not approach, but instead should call 911.