Cherissa Olson with UDOT brought an exciting opportunity for families that use the UDOT Walking School Bus App. UDOT developed the Walking School Bus app to make walking to school safer and easier for children. With the app, parents can create or join walking groups, coordinate group walks to and from school, and get an alert when students have arrived safely at school. For more information, click here.
Parents who download and use UDOT`s Walking School Bus app to walk and bike to school between now and April 29 will enter themselves, their student(s) and their school to win prizes as part of Spring Walk `n Win.
- Three parents will win overnight stays at the Blue Boar Inn in Midway, Utah`s top-ranked Bed and Breakfast.
- One walking school bus group will win breakfast and a walk to school with the Utah Jazz Bear, and $500 for their school.
- Six students will win scooters and helmets.
- Parents who refer friends and neighbors to download the app and join their walking group will be entered to win Jazz tickets, gift cards, and a pair of autographed basketball shoes from Utah Jazz guard, Joe Ingles.
Every time a parent and/or student walks or bikes to or from school using the app, they are entered to win.
Last year, parents and students using the app across Utah:
- Walked 88,000 miles
- Reduced 91,000 car trips
- Eliminated 37 million grams of CO2 emissions
- Burned 8.8 million calories
Download and use the free UDOT Walking School Bus app today to win great prizes and health benefits. Available for download for iPhone and Android devices.