- Cooking spray
- 1/2 large white onion, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, any color, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked, shredded
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups prepared salsa
- 15 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 450°.
Bring a large skillet up to medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Saute onion and pepper for 4-5 minutes. Add garlic; sauté another minute. Stir in chicken, beans, broth and salsa. Cook another 1-2 minutes.
Place 1/3 of tortilla strips in bottom of a greased 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Layer half of chicken mixture over tortillas; top with half of the remaining tortilla strips. Layer the remaining chicken mixture. Top with remaining tortilla strips and cheese. Bake for 10 minutes or until tortillas are lightly browned and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Sponsor: Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute