The coordinator for the Weber Basin Water Conservancy District, David Rice, shared some ways to have a beautiful landscape while using less water.
- Public perception is usually wrong. You can achieve a beautiful landscaped yard with curb appeal while conserving water. It does not need to look like a rock garden.
- Put plants with similar needs near each other in your yard.
- Ornamental grasses are great to use in any landscape, they provide different textures and colors all year long.
- Do not water your lawn every single day. In the hot summer months, every 2-3 days is adequate.
- There is no need to turn sprinklers on yet, spring has provided plenty of rain to keep our plants growing this season.
For more helpful tips go here.