Britt was able to visit Utah Lake with Ty Hunter, the boating program manager to learn about some tips for boaters before Memorial Day Weekend.
- Make sure your trailer is ready to go: Check your tires, grease the bearings and trailer lights are working.
- If you're not comfortable with the mechanics, take it into a shop.
- Take care of your boat battery through the winter and test it before you head out to the water.
- Ensure that the fuel system is in good condition.
- Check belts, hoses, plugs and clamps.
For more information about boating registration, insurance, education courses, safety guidelines, laws and regulations, visit Stateparks.Utah.Gov.