ORLANDO — In the wake of a shooting at a gay nightclub in Florida carried out by a man who pledged his allegiance to ISIS during a 911 call, the City of Orlando has begun to identify the victims of an attack that left more than 50 dead and more than 50 injured.
The city states:
“On this very difficult day, we offer heartfelt condolences to today’s victims and their families. Our City is working tirelessly to get as much information out to the families so they can begin the grieving process. Please keep the following individuals in your thoughts and prayers. #PrayforOrlando”
The post continues with a list of names of those who were killed, noting that names are only being released after next of kin have been contacted. The post will continue to be updated, click here for updates.
The victims identified as of around 7:40 p.m. MT Sunday are as follows:
- Edward Sotomayor Jr., 34 years old
- Stanley Almodovar III, 23 years old
- Luis Omar Ocasio-Capo, 20 years old
- Juan Ramon Guerrero, 22 years old
- Eric Ivan Ortiz-Rivera, 36 years old
- Peter O. Gonzalez-Cruz, 22 years old
- Luis S. Vielma, 22 years old
- Kimberly Morris, 37 years old
President Barack Obama has ordered the flag of the United States to fly at half-staff “As a mark of respect for the victims of the act of hatred and terror perpetrated on Sunday, June 12, 2016, in Orlando, Florida”