6 corn on the cob, husk and threads removed, cooked
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 lime, juice
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
In a saucepan up to medium heat, mix together the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, honey, lime juice and jalapeno for 3-4 minutes; stir frequently. Pour mixture in a pie pan or a large plate with a lip. Coat corn on the cob in the mixture. Sprinkle each corn piece with sesame seeds and green onions. Serve immediately.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup grated Queso Fresco cheese
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 limes, juice and zest
- 1/3 cup pepitas, toasted, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
In a saucepan up to medium heat, melt butter. Add cheese, chili powder, paprika, lime juice and zest. Cook for 3-4 minutes stirring frequently. Pour mixture in a pie pan or a large plate with a lip. Coat corn on the cob in the mixture. Sprinkle each corn piece with pepitas and cilantro.
Note: Pepitas are pumpkin seeds.
Sponsor: Dan’s Market