News

Actions

Fire at Provo home extinguished quickly after passerby notices flames

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 7:46 AM, Jul 29, 2016
and last updated 2016-07-29 13:52:05-04

PROVO, Utah — A fire at a Provo home was quickly put out thanks to a passersby who acted fast.

Fire officials said a driver was in the area of State St. and 1600 S and saw flames. The driver stopped to wake up the person inside the home and called 911.

Fire crews from the Provo and Orem departments responded and were able to put out the fire within minutes.

The fire burned a shed and caused damage to the home and a neighboring warehouse. Officials estimate the damage at $90,000.

No one was injured.